There's an article about The END in this weeks Big Issue. You can buy a digital version via the link above.
Its for a great cause, so buy it yer mingebags!
John McGlone - All the Saints can’t Save us Now.
A new solo release from the legendary frontman of Western Promise, John McGlone sees him continue to move towards a beautiful new soulful sound.
“All the saints can’t save us now” sees John flexing his vastly underrated vocal talents on a beautifully mellow track that evokes memories (to this humble narrator) of the Style Councils Long Hot summer era.
There are still echoes of the angst and anger that we have seen throughout his career as a songwriter (“So what happened to the loving.. and understanding we used to know.. and what happened to forgiveness.. lord where did it go. Because All I see is lies greed and cruelty, Hatred and bigotry right now.. we go to, Got to, Stand up for Equality, Shake the chains of slavery, Be the change you want to see somehow”) but now we are seeing John move his talents to a newer more mature and accomplished sounding, soulful platform, and its every bit as effective and moving.
John is one of the regions most underrated singer / songwriter talents and has been consistently delivering amazing music over the last few decades and this solo effort is right up there with his best work.
Get this blasting on the drive to the beach, while the sun is raging.
Western Promise have taken a sabbatical, Long may McGlone reign in their absence!
*Release date August 27th . A Download will be available on itunes.
Buy it yer mingebags!
· Snorting Haggis.
· Egging Jamie Bullard at every opportunity
· Nicola Sturgeon eating a sturgeon, whilst being operated on by a dodgy surgeon.
· Arguing with turmeric
· Wearing PPE to collect your MBE.
· Building a fun pub in your cupboard. under the stairs
· having a hot tub in your wardrobe.
· offering the virus out after a few 'lines'
· Hiding in a tandoori oven
· pretending to 'give a fuck'
· Blaming Wigan for the pandemic.
· Wacky tik tok pranks, eg- deep frying your grandma in a vat of lard.
· Grafters applying for Furlough
· having a tomato as your only friend
· The sinister return of massive turn ups
· Chasing your dog around the kitchen with a Carolina reaper chilli.
· Claiming you are an original 'Black panther' when drunk.
· Shouting 'bring out your dead' in B@M
· Finding a nest of Syrian refugees in your purple bin.
· Regurgitating the same old shite
· Whistling, psychotic, uncles.
· Finding a clit under your mask.
· Looking rather suspiciously at 5G masts.
· Always mistaking fat people for each other.
· trans fluid sprouts
· social distance brawls.
· getting lost on a daily basis.
· Remembering 'how it used to be'
· Lost pets support groups
· Yearning for the pub snug
· Elbow wigs
· Forsaken foreskins
· Winning the league after 8 games
· Smokey Robinson eating smokey bacon crisps
· Exploding teardrops
· Being dishevelled
· Marcus Rashford
· REM losing their erections
· Taking advantage of the hole in your sock to stash a potato.
· Finding comfort in Romford
· When your plumber looks like Strummer
· Having a stash of crank in your desk
· Building a shed made of Lard
· Using marmite as lube
· When your 30 yr old colleague, who wears big baggy Emo jeans, calls you a square
· Selling your soul on ebay
· Sanitised bollock wipes
· Letting on to strangers when you’re wearing your mask
· Shitting a conker
· The 12” Reggae version of EastEnders
· Levitating sprouts
· Noddy Holder holding a cup holder whilst being bolder than Steve Bould
· The grizzly adams look among our yoot.
· emerging from the lockdown looking like Bob geldof.
· Genderfluid seekh kebabs.
· remembering the 'gam'.
· Lashing your ailing gran on to the streets because of the '6' rule.
· Trying to breed your dog with the freezer.
· Getting caught singing 'the smurf song'.
· Your boss’s 31yr old daughter
· Getting anxious in the chippy queue
· Nipple beards
· Soccer AM
· Soup toasties
· Booking annual leave
· BT / Sky
· Posting corn
· saying ;wow in french
· Thinking you are a 'Guru'
· Saying 100 percent
· Saying, “I can’t wait for this year to be over”
· Remembering sitcoms
· Tiers for fears
· Adam and the Ants wearing jeggings at Butlins
· Pretending to care
· Getting a semi when you’re watching top gear
· Killing the arts
· Wreckless Tumeric.
· Stroking other people’s chin’s when you are pondering a conspiracy statement about Corona.
· Blaming students
· BBC (that’s the broadcasting company, folks)
· Keir Starmer
· Tom Watson's sickly grin
· Anti -semetic beards,
· That fucking 'ole ole song.
· shouting "lad he's got a gun lad and watching hordes of stoned youth scatter outside a pub.
· Being somewhat ethereal
· Being 'slightly' racist
· Dressing your pets up as Victorian prostitutes.
· Designer dogs with a propensity for shagging the freezer
· Claiming you was a leading figure in the Cali cartel'
· Saying 'drop a selfie'
· Tommy Robinson
· slippin’ and a slidin’
· clandestine wanks under a throw.
· Hoping for a quick 'Gam'
· Lamping Jeremey Clarkson.
· Defeating defeatists
· Telling your mates child that you know who his real father is.
· Vegan TV sets
· Johnson’s itchy ball sack
· Auld fellers saying “I’d eat fish and chips from her knickers”
· Researching coat hangers.
· Ordering bacon on coats
· Poking a hipster
· Amusing/trendy masks
· Ambushing your undies
· Peter Cormack’s long sleeve’s.
· Graham’s Sharpe (sic) penis
· Writing “sic” after a deliberate misspeling (sic)
· Going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and fucking on….and on
· Still being a shagger at 61
· Whatsapp groups
· Holding meetings on the roundabout
· Burger bums
· Sidefooting a Savoy cabbage