Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

END BOOK Review- Scrapingthebarrel

The End Book Reviewed by Scrapingthebarrel

"I feel daft that I’m only just getting round to doing a write up on this. The truth is I only managed to get hold of a copy last week, I was hoping to pick this up back at Christmas just gone but as that was to no avail I’m just getting round to it now and my word it has been worth the wait. I don’t think I really need to discuss the in’s and out’s (no pun intended) of The End to anyone, as most people who are reading this are fully aware of how important it’s precense was in Liverpool during the 80′s. Personally, I only became aware of the world of The End about 3 years ago as, and I’ll be honest here, I wasn’t around to experience it at it’s peak and it’s been one of Liverpool’s best kept secrets for a while. I was only exposed to it via a kind chap who I used to speak to on a forum a few years back. At the time I was trying to get my hand on some old back copies of the Everton fanzine “When Skies are Grey” when the chap in question kindly scanned a few old copies of the Everton zine along with a few original copies of The End and sent them through to me via PDF format, instantly I was hooked and started researching.

Over the last few years there has been talk of the legendary Scouse mag making a return or the possibility of a repress of the old copies, however it was only last year that, finally, the lads behind the mag along with the folks over at Sabotage Times finally got together and made the talk a reality via this very smart, well presented book that contains all 20 issues of the brilliant mag that made it’s way around the terraces of most of the 80′s football grounds. The book certainly does not disappoint whatsoever"

To read the full review visit;
http://scrapingthebarrell.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/recent-reads-3-4/

No comments:

Post a Comment